Security is everything nowadays; if you are not having a better security option on your device then you are totally not secure. As there are numbers of hackers roaming around in the internet looking to hack your system anytime. If you are an Apple user then you may have known that the default security system is a little weak. But if you want you can make the weak security system into a stronger one. You can enable two-step verification for your Apple ID making it more secure.
By setting two-step verification for your Apple ID you will literally enable another security level for all those hackers. Here we are going to tell you about how to set up two-step verification for your Apple ID on your iOS and Mac devices. The steps that we have given here are simple to do, so let’s have a look at the best steps to set up two-step verification for your Apple ID.
Steps to set up Two-step verification on your Apple ID:
So as the two steps verification on your Apple ID procedure is different for Mac OS and iOS device. So here below we will first look at the steps for enabling two-step verification on your iOS device and then for the Mac OS devices.
Also Check Out Other best related article:
How to enable Two steps verification on your Apple ID on your iOS device:
So for enabling this two steps verification on your Apple ID for your iOS device, you will need to follow the steps that we have given below.
- First of all, go to the setting options of your iOS device and in the iCloud sign in with the account where you want to create a two-step verification.
- Now go to the Apple ID and then go to the Password and Security option which is present in the menu bar.
- In the Password and Security option enable the two-step verification. As soon as you enable the two-step verification, you will a brief description of it. So simply click on the “continue” button to proceed with the further process.
- Many a time Apple may ask you some question to verify your account. So simply keep on answering the questions that are been asked (the questions are simple and related).
- So after answering some questions and getting verified, you will need to give your phone number where you will like to receive a code through message or call whenever you will log in to your Apple ID.
- Also, you can select a single option if you want to get only call or only Text message according to you. After entering your phone number and selecting everything simply click on the “Ok” button.
- So this is it, all the steps are completed. Now when you will again sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID. You will first need to give your Username and Password as usual and then you would need to give a six digit code which you will receive on your phone via text or call.
So this is all you need to follow for how to set up two-step verification for your Apple ID on your iOS devices. The steps are really easy and are the best way to enable the two-step verification. Now let’s have a look at how to set up two-step verification for Apple ID on your Mac device.
How to enable this security on your Mac PC:
The steps are slightly the same even on your Mac PC, but you have to make sure that your Mac PC runs on OS X with the latest version. Let’s have a look at the steps for enabling this two-step verification.
1. So on your Mac PC open the system preferences and then go to the iCloud. After going to the iCloud go to the Account details.
- After going to the account details you may be asked to sign in your account again, so simply sign in. Now go the security option of your account and then enable the Two-Step Verification.
- Again like the step above, you will need to answer some question for verification. After the verification process is over, simply add a phone number where you want to receive codes everytime you log in.
- After you have entered your phone number, you will receive a verification code, so simply enter the code to verify your changes.
So after doing all this, you have finally enabled the two-step verification for your Apple ID. Isn’t it the simplest steps? Simply make sure you are having the lastest OS on your Mac device.
Here we have mentioned each and every steps for how to setup two-step verification for your Apple ID. The steps that you need to follow are the simplest and are very easy to remember, just you need to have the latest OS on your device. So this is it, if you are having some other great steps to follow for creating two-step verification on your Apple ID then you can comment us below. We will be happy to add your list in our content for betterment.