When it is about Windows 7/8/8.1 we can get easily enable Group Policy Editor with some proper method. As this is already featured by Windows in these Windows versions but in Windows 10 it is hard to get it done. Because Group Policy Editor is not available on Windows 10. So how we can manage this feature when we need to organize it for our purposes. Even if you open this with Windows Command Prompt with gpedit.msc command it will show you up as “Windows cannot find ‘gpedit.msc’. Make sure you type the name correctly and then try again.”
As Windows has removed this feature from its system, you might be aware of that if you are here. Group Policy is Windows default group managing policy to centralize some special task as together. It is not the feature for every Windows user but a lot of helpful feature for some users. If you are one of them and seeking to enable Group Policy Editor (gpeditor.msc) in Windows 10 Computer or laptop then luckily you can do with third-party software. So, no need to worry about it, here I will guide you to enable Group Policy enabling the process.
How to Enable Group Policy Editor (gpeditor.msc) in Windows 10 PC or Laptop?
As said before Group Policy is not come as pre-install in Windows 10 Operating System. Because of this, you will need to download Group Policy Editor and add it to Windows System.
Important Note: This content is to share every possible information for Enabling Group Policy Editor. Patching system file using third party software may harm your system functionalities. So, if you want to patch it anyway then executes it at your own risk.
Step1: Download Group Policy Editor
If you really want to use this trick to enable Windows group Policy on your Windows PC or laptop. As said before, you can complete this action with the help of third-party software. This software is accomplished by Deviant Art, so big thanks to their team for coming with this helpful patching software. To download this software, I have given you a link in down below-
Click Here to download add_gpedit_msc_by_jwils876.zip file;
After downloading this file, you will need to go with some technical terms to patch this file with your system on Windows 10. Well, I will guide you step by step; so not need to worry about it.
Step2: Patch Group Policy Editor in Your System of Windows 10
- As the downloaded file is zip file; as the very first, you will need to unzip this file. To unzip this file, right-click on the zip and now click on the “Extract here.” It will be unzipped in this folder.
- You will get a setup.exe file unzipping that zip file. Again, a right-click on it choose “Run as administrator.” It would start installation soon after that.
- Click “Next” to start installation procedure and follow every installation requirement one by one. After a while, it will get installed on your Windows 10.
- Now all done with this part, go with some more method with Windows Run. Click “Windows Key + R” together and enter “C:\ Windows \ System32” or “C:\ Windows \ System64”. Remember if your system is running on 32bit then choose the first command and for 64bit choose the second command. After providing that click “OK.”
- Now find gpedit.msc in that folder and copy the file. And paste it in the same destination; click on “Continue” button.
- You were done, now restart your Windows 10 PC or laptop. You have done enabling Group Policy in Windows 10.
- Just go to Windows Search Bar and search for “Group Policy Editor” and your Group Policy will appear in the search result.
So, these are the all required procedure to add Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) in Windows 10 running PC or laptop. Be sure to follow up the steps properly or else there could be a misconfiguration. Also, keep in mind that executing these methods can trigger system related issue or it is not recommended to run patching with a third-party application. Still, it a reliable method if you want to download Group Policy or enable this on your Windows 10. So, even if this feature doesn’t come on Windows, you can enable with the above fixation. I hope you have learned how to enable Group Policy Editor in Windows 10 PC/laptop.
So, know you can manage Group Policy in your Windows 10 running PC or laptop as well. I hope, you will find it easy to execute in your PC and make it enable seamlessly. Let me know if you have any interference following the Group Policy Editor enabling terms in your Windows 10 by commenting below in the comment box.